Latest: Say Hello to our Logo! | Recommended: Healers are useful in Clash of Clans War CC?

Tech Reviews and News, Gaming, and other Random Stuff!

Subscribe For Free Latest Updates!

Don't worry, I won't spam!

Wednesday 15 April 2015



Hey guyz, I recently started learning South Korean pianist Yiruma's River Flows In You and wanted to tell you guys about it...

First off, I have heard many, many people say that the song is waaay too repetitive for their taste but I don't believe a word of that because I find it really nice and soothing. The very music can ake your soul move and indeed, I have seen some people who learn it solely to play to their girlfriend. But this piece of music is far too old now right? Not really. 
Actually, there are some parts of this music which can help a lot in your musical career if you are not taking any classical training and self-study like I do. This is because some parts have the right hand moving at a fast yet not unpleasantly fast pace which can train your right hand to move like a veteran pianist. Even though the left hand seems a bit left out, it is co-ordinated in a tough way, unless you figure out that the left hand is actually just playing split chords at a specific tempo throughout while at the same time the right hand has varying tempos. It takes maybe a day or two to get the hang of it.

However, there are some arrangements and improvisations where the left hand is made to dance along at the right hand's speed (fast) such as Kyle Landry's version of the song. (Look on YouTube for "Kyle Landry River Flows In You") This version will train your right AND left hand like hell and I can't play it yet, YET!

So, like I was saying, overall, Yiruma - River Flows In You is a great piece to learn and you should definitely learn it if you get the time... The tutorial I would suggest you go for if you can't read sheets because you self-study would be the one by PGN Piano (check YouTube for PGN Piano Yiruma River Flows In You Tutorial, that's the one I am using and it's really helpful)

That's all I have for now, try to learn the piece and good luck!

EDIT: Completed! Beautiful song! -The Guy With Random Stuff

0 comments :

Post a Comment



Copyright © 2016 - The Guy With Random Stuff - All Rights Reserved
(Articles Cannot Be Reproduced Without Author Permission.)
Design By : SafeTricks & Techrar | Powered By: Blogger